Help with input file &/or design matrix file

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Help with input file &/or design matrix file

Postby carazco » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm

I am new to using Presence, and have tried several times to do the exercises included in the sample files, and keep getting an error message when running the model. I have also used my own data, it appears to work when I use 1 group constant model, however in the custom model (for my own data) it has been giving me the error message and saying to check .pao or .dm files, however when I try to check these files, I cannot open them. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out. I have removed the old program and downloaded a new version as well and keep getting the same error message.
Thanks for your time.
Ryan
carazco

Re: Help with input file &/or design matrix file

Postby jhines » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Ryan,

Sorry you're having trouble. What example are you having trouble with? Can you list the steps you took which led to the error? Is there an output file in the project folder, and if so, can you post it (or the last 10 lines of it)?

Jim
jhines

Postby carazco » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

I am using the example labeled Blue_Ridge_pg99.csv. I have followed instructions given on the tutorial 1. However when I run the model, I am getting an error stating "Presence encountered and error. Check input (.pao) and/or design matrix (.dm) files."

The only thing I am doing that is not stated in the tutorial is when you save the input file, Presence asks if I want to save the last col, and I click no. I have tried several examples and keep getting the same error.
Ryan
carazco

Postby jhines » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi Ryan,

You were correct to click 'No' when asked if the data are summarized. Can you email me the PRESENCE input file (something.pao) that you created in the 'Input data form' window? and also the design matrix file (something.dm)? These should be in the project folder (something_project) you created when you clicked 'OK' in the main PRESENCE window.

By the way, if you didn't click 'OK' after saving the PRESENCE input file, then the project folder does not get created and you won't be able to run any models. I'm not sure if it will give the error you described or not.

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Return to software problems/news