U-SURGE new installation not working

Postby Todd » Fri May 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Greetings,

I followed the instructions found here:
http://www.cefe.cnrs.fr/BIOM/logiciels.htm

and installed LIBRARIES Version Matlab 7.5

and then installed U-SURGE Version 2.3.1

Everything appeared as normal.

Starting U-SURGE only creates a small black DOS window that disappears and then nothing happens.

I'm on Windows XP logged in as the only administrator/user.

What is the solution?
Todd

Postby Todd » Fri May 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Sorry, that should read U-CARE.
Todd

Postby CHOQUET » Thu May 22, 2008 9:44 am

Hello,

un-install all (the libraries and U-CARE) and re-install the
version of the program with libraries 7.2.

Tell me if with this version, all works fine.

sincerely,

Rémi
CHOQUET

Postby dcfino » Wed May 28, 2008 12:39 pm

I had the same problem. After reinstalling with the 7.2 libraries, U-Care version 2.3 worked for me.
dcfino

New software problems

Postby Guillaume Souchay » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:31 am

Hi,

I've got the same problem but with M-Surge, I've installed the new version of Matlab v77 then M-Surge 1.8.4 but It doesn't work, so I've reinstalled the old version and no it's ok with M-Surge 1.8.1

ps: I'm working with Xp

thanks,

Guillaume
Guillaume Souchay

Postby Karen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello, I am having the same problems but am not getting sorted. I run a Vista machine and also have Matlab r2007a student edition installed.

I started with a fresh install of Library 7.5 and U-Care 2.3.1. When starting U-Care, the DOS window opened and the actual program window. But if I then try to open a Mark .inp file then the program crashes out (too fast for me to read the error message that comes through on the DOS screen).

As per the advice on this thread, I then uninstalled both library and U-Care software and then re-installed Lib 7.2 and U-Care 2.2.2. This time the DOS window couldn't even come up.

As some respondents seemed to suggest, I also tried with Library 7.2 and U-Care 2.3.1 but I get the same problem - the DOS window won't come up.

I've checked the PATH variable, and the /Mathworks pathname occurs before the /Matlab pathname - as per the U-Care user guide.

Please can you make other suggestions as to what might be wrong as I really need to get this software working. Many thanks.

Karen
Karen

Postby CHOQUET » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:39 am

Hello Karen,
when the problem is related to the version of the software then the
window of u-care doesn't even appear. So I think that Library 7.5 and U-Care 2.3.1 work well on your computer.
To my opinion, the problem is related to the Mark file. It can be
because there is inacepted characters like tabuler, letters.
Some of the problem are sometimes detected by the option verify
in the menu FILE.
Sincerely,
Rémi
CHOQUET

Postby Karen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Remi,
I've now found my problem - thank you for your hints. I'll describe what I was doing wrong so this maybe helps others as well:

I reinstalled the 7.5 Matlab library and U-Care 2.3.1 as per your suggestion, and then tried to run the software using the training file ED.INP. However, I was still having the same problem - it crashed out as soon as I selected the file!

It turns out that, although my userid is set up as an administrator on this machine, I really had to run the U-Care program as administrator (e.g. right-click on the U-care desktop icon and choose to 'Run as administrator'). Now that I have done that once, I can run it normally by simply double-clicking the desktop icon from my own userid. Perhaps the first time as full administrator prompted the creation of a file, and subsequent runs can re-use that file? I don't know for sure. But I am now fully working, so thank you again for your prompts,

Kind regards
Karen
Karen

Postby Rachael » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:26 am

Hi,

Ive looked through the history of problems installing U-care - and I cant find any that quite describes my issue.

Ive installed U-care and M-surge with library 7.7.
I get an error message saying unable to locate component
"this application failed to sate because mclmcrrt72.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem"

I have tried reinstalling several time but it doesnt help.

When I tried using library 7.2 M surge seemed to start fine, but when starting Ucare I got the black dos window briefly that then shut down.

im using xp.

I dont currently have matlab (but i didnt think I needed it? is it that simple?) although I have previously had it running on my computer through a university site license. i dont know if thats creating issues.

any ideas?

thanks
Rachael
Rachael

Postby CHOQUET » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 am

Hello,
The following problem
>When I tried using library 7.2 M surge seemed to start fine, but when >starting Ucare I got the black dos window briefly that then shut down.
occurs in general when you are not a administrator or in Vista/seven
when you forget to execute the first time the program as a administrator.
Sincerely,
Rémi
CHOQUET

Return to analysis help