Error message when using RMark import option in MARK

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Error message when using RMark import option in MARK

Postby AzucenaUgalde » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello,
I run some Multi-state models with RMark, but I would like to run the median c-hat test. The problem happens when I import the *.Rnip file created with RMark. The next error message appears:

Error code: 4 [ ]
Subsystem: VO-CODE
CallStack:
PARSE_OUTPUT:INIT (Line:247)
MYTOPAPPWIN:APPENDOUTPUT [Line:9]
MYTOPAPPWIN:FILENEWRMARK [Line:346]
APP:START [Line:1131]
START [Line:6]

I have seen similar posts in this forum and I have followed all the recommendations I read about, but still not working.

I used the export.MARK function and it created the .inp, *.Rinp and .tmp files, which are saved in a directory where no permission of the manager is required. Of course, I have not modified any of the files that RMark created.

In MARK, when I choose the option Rmark import and select the *.Rinp file the error message appear. Then the only option is to abort and the program MARK is closed automatically. When I look in the directory, the *.DBF, *.CDX and the *.FTP files were created, but, for instance, the *.DBF file is empty, it only contains the headers.

I deleted the .tmp files after every attempt I have made and created new ones.

Thinking, that my files or models were the problems, I, also, run the examples with the dipper and mallard data and it did not work either when I use the RMark import option in MARK. The same error message appears.

The program MARK is working well (I have the last version installed), I have run the models several times with RMark and it works perfectly. I tried to open directly the *.DBF example files directly on MARK and it works.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for your attention.
AzucenaUgalde

Re: Error message when using RMark import option in MARK

Postby jlaake » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Please try the following from ?export.MARK

data(mallard)
Dot=mark(mallard,nocc=90,model="Nest",
model.parameters=list(S=list(formula=~1)))
mallard.proc=process.data(mallard,nocc=90,model="Nest")
export.MARK(mallard.proc,"mallard",Dot,replace=TRUE)

Let me know if you are able to import or not into MARK. Note that you should delete any mark*.tmp files in your working directory before you export. People have reported problems before but I have not been able to replicate them.
jlaake

Postby AzucenaUgalde » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi,

I was able to run the mallard and the dipper examples. I indeed had some old *.tmp files in my directory that I was not aware of. My bad.

However, I still am not able to import my files with Multi-state models. I am thinking, maybe, they are too big; the V.tmp files are 30,000 KB, approximately.

Thank you
AzucenaUgalde

Postby jlaake » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Please try with ?mstrata example to see if it works with a smaller MS model. Gary may have to address this. I have no way of testing other than process of elimination.
jlaake

Postby AzucenaUgalde » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Done. The Rmark import works well for the mstrata example.
AzucenaUgalde

Postby jlaake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Gary has fixed this problem. Acuzena did some sleuthing that I passed onto Gary who worked out that the problem was the real labels were on more than one line. This will now work. This is likely to have been the problem in posting

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3629&p=11858&hilit=error+message+import+Rmark#p11858
jlaake

Return to software problems/news