Unable to add columns in Presence

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Unable to add columns in Presence

Postby leomilarepa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:41 pm

I've recently downloaded Presence 12.24 onto my MacOS and am using via the Parallels window interface to run the program. All seems to be working smoothly however I am unable to add columns for data input. I'm trying to run an occupancy analysis (single season, correlated detection) but am unable to add a column for new covariates. I've also noticed Presence does not create folders for any files generated and they simply end up floating around on my desktop. Is this possibly a Mac-based issue?
leomilarepa

Re: Unable to add columns in Presence

Postby darryl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi. I don't use a Mac myself, but have seen plenty of people running PRESENCE on Parallels with no issues (although always the possibility of a bug in this particular version).

How are you trying to add a column for the new covariates? In the data input form, in the top right corner you can specify the number of covariates which defines the number of columns in the site-specific covariate sheet, or the number of sampling covariate sheets.

Where have you saved the data file before creating the project? By default, PRESENCE should create a folder to store all the files related to the analysis at the location of the data file, then move the data file into that folder. Also, when you create the project, there should be a couple of message boxes appear prompting you about creating a folder. Are you getting them?

Cheers
Darryl
darryl

Postby leomilarepa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 pm

When I come to run my model (i'm using single season -> simple single season ) i cannot add any columns in my detection or occupancy sheets for covariates. For the actual data input I can specify the number as you've suggested but not for the modelling part.

Files are still produced without a folder and i'm now finding some pao files simply won't open anymore and are giving error messages.
leomilarepa

Postby darryl » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:00 am

So it's adding columns to the design matrices that you're having problems with? How have you been trying to do it? On a Windoze machine, I right click to open a pop-up menu, and one of the options should be to add a column. Is that not coming up?

Where are you trying to save the data file, and then create the project?

Cheers
Darryl
darryl

Postby leomilarepa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 am

Hi Daryl,

yes exactly. Nothing happens when I right click at all.

Files (pao's etc) are saved on my desktop or in documents individually not in folders though I've organised that to shortcut them into ones i've created, so thats not an issue really anymore. The 'right-click' mystery very frustrating however.
leomilarepa

Postby jhines » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:37 am

Hi,

I've used a Mac a while ago (until my wife spilled milk on it :( ) and don't remember having that sort of problem. Does the right-click function work with any other apps? Are you using a mouse to right-click, or the trackpad (control-click on trackpad)?

Jim
jhines

Return to software problems/news