Error 4 when opening RMark export

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Error 4 when opening RMark export

Postby SoConfused » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 am

Hello,

I'm trying to import RMark models into MARK to calculate c-hats. However, anything I try (including verbatim the mallard example from the export.MARK help page) results in Error 4 when I try to open the Rinp file from within MARK. I tried my own CJS (with and without groups, as well as simple phi(.)p(.) models), and the "Nest" mallard example from the export.MARK page.

I just installed the new MARK version (but I've never done it with the old version, so no info for comparison). I work on Windows 7 Enterprise, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit. I tried with R version 3.4.2, as well with a newly installed R v.3.4.4 and RMark 2.2.4.

The full error message:
Error Code: 4[]
Subsystem: VO-CODE
CallStack:
PARSE_OUTPUT: INIT (Line:247)
MYTOPAPPWIN: APPENDOUTPUT (Line:9)
MYTOPAPPWIN: FILENEWRMARK (Line:324) <---- this is slightly different than this post http://www.phidot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3567&p=11606&hilit=+error+code%3A+4+#p11606
APP: START (Line:1116) <------ also slightly different
START (Line:6)

Any insight would be appreciated...
SoConfused

Re: Error 4 when opening RMark export

Postby jlaake » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 am

Not sure what to tell you. It works fine for me. My only guess is that you are working in a part of your disk drive where you don't have admin privilege to write because the error seems to be while doing output. Other than that, Gary will have to address this because this is occurring in the MARK interface and I have no way to debug.

regards --jeff
jlaake

Postby SoConfused » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Hmm. Is there an easy way for me to find out whether RMark is not writing the outputs due to admin issues (as in - try doing X and see if it works)? I haven't run into this issue with any other R functionality yet in the 2 years I've been using this specific computer.
SoConfused

Postby jlaake » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:15 pm

this is occurring in the MARK interface

Read messages more closely. This is not an RMark or R or issue. As I'm sure you know, the error occurred when you tried to import the file into the MARK interface. I thought that MARK would write the .dbf and .fpt files to the location where the .Rinp file was located. But if you have not used MARK before it may be trying to write to Program Files where MARK is located. Copy the Examples directory from the MARK install to your desktop and open one of the .dbf files with the MARK interface. If that works then try importing the .Rinp file and make sure it is in a directory which has write access.
jlaake

Postby gwhite » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:06 am

I've traced the error chain you provided below back to where it appears there is something amiss with your labels for the real parameters. Do you by chance have semi-colons in the labels, or multiple = signs? MARK is trying to read in one of your RMark output files, and gagging on the RLABEL commands. It may be an issue with something directly above the RLABEL commands as well.
gwhite

Postby jlaake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3837#p12686

This may have been the problem.
jlaake

Return to software problems/news