Stochastic population dynamics
Instructors: Steinar Engen, Bernt-Erik Sæther, Vidar Grøtan, Aline Lee, Otso Ovaskainen, Bob O’Hara, Jarle Tufto, Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics, NTNU
Date: 28 August – 1 September 2017
Venue: Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Computers: Bring your own laptop with latest R
Contents include the following topics:
• Environmental and demographic stochasticity
• Density-independent and density-dependent models
• Age-structured population dynamics
• Predicting future population dynamics
• Spatial population dynamics (dispersal, spatially structured environmental noise, meta-populations)
• Ecological data: observations, sampling error, introduction to hierarchical models and Bayesian models
The contents will be a mix of lectures on theoretical concepts, hands-on training in associated statistical methodology and presentation of empirical studies utilising the theoretical and statistical concepts introduced in the workshop.
Send your application to Vidar Grøtan (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing your background by 31 May 2017 at the latest.
This workshop can be taken as part of a PhD course. See http://www.phidot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3444