This is a reminder that registration is open for the fifth biennial International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC2016), to be held 28 June - 1 July 2016 at the University of Washington in Seattle, USA. The early (reduced-cost) registration deadline is 11:59pm PDT (UTC -7:00) on Thursday, 31 March 2016. We strongly encourage attendees to register by 31 March to take advantage of the considerably reduced early registration rates!
Registration is also open for all events not included in your main conference registration, including workshops, excursions, and banquet dinner. Registration for these events closes 1 May 2016, but spaces are limited so register now to guarantee your spot!
The tentative conference agenda can be found here.
We have a great group of plenary speakers:
Ray Hilborn (USA)
Jim Nichols (USA)
Byron Morgan (UK)
Marie-Josée Fortin (Canada)
Ruth King (UK)
Bob O'Hara (Germany)
David Warton (Australia)
Pre-conference workshops taking place 26-27 June:
- Spatially-explicit capture-recapture (David Borchers)
- Analysis of occupancy data using hidden Markov models and E-SURGE (Olivier Gimenez, Rémi Choquet, and Roger Pradel)
- Bayesian model selection and decision theory for ecologists (Mevin Hooten)
- Flexible programming with BUGS models: Using NIMBLE for MCMC and beyond (Perry de Valpine)
- Spatial statistical models for stream networks (Jay Ver Hoef & Erin Peterson)
Excursions taking place 30 June:
• Seattle waterfront harbor, Seattle Aquarium, and Pike Place Market
• Wenatchee River Whitewater Rafting
• Wine tasting in Woodinville, WA
• Seattle bicycle tour
Banquet Dinner (29 June):
The ISEC2016 banquet dinner will be held Wednesday evening at the iconic Space Needle. You may buy banquet tickets for yourself and an additional guest. You will also be asked to indicate your choice of entrée.
Lodging options include campus dormitory or hotel packages. Looking to share a double-occupancy dorm room but don’t yet have a roommate? If so, you can still choose a double room and UW Housing & Food Service will match you with someone of the same gender if one is available.
We only accept debit or credit card payment (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover). Please contact Syd Fredrickson (sfredrickson@PCE.UW.EDU) if you encounter any problems during registration.
Please place the dates of this conference into your calendars (28 June - 1 July 2016) and visit the conference website for updates.
The ISEC2016 Local Organizing Committee
Check us out on Facebook