MARK training opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region?

Currently listed training opportunities (short courses, workshops, meetings...) -- software neutral.

Postby geryan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:01 am

Dear Phidottites

Does anyone know of any beginner trainng opportunities in SE Asia or the Asia-Pacific region, in English, for using Program MARK for M-R based population estimation?

Cue bleeding heart story: being based in Cambodia and on limited NGO funding it's not possible to make it as far afield as the US or UK to attend MARK training workshops so thus far I've been teaching myself, though with very limited confidence in the results. I know there are others in a similar boat around the region, and presumably a local workshop would be decidedly cheaper than, say, flying to Scotland...

Thanks

Gerry Ryan
geryan

Postby Mike.Meredith » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 am

Hi Gerry,

Seems not, but if other people are interested maybe we should try to organise something?

Cheers, Mike.
Mike.Meredith

Postby AlexD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Gerry,

Over the last few years, there's been a course in Perth, one in Brisbane and a couple in New Zealand.

Might be an idea to contact some of the NZ people for info on any upcoming courses:
e.g. http://www.maths.otago.ac.nz/~rbarker/

You can also contact me if you like - I can try to help! I went to the 8 day course in Perth which was fantastic. I also used to work in Cambodia for 5 years:
alex [a.t] diment.org
AlexD

Return to Training, Workshops & Meetings