Problems with running U-CARE

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to M-SURGE, E-SURGE and U-CARE

Problems with running U-CARE

Postby Appelsiini » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm

I have recently downloaded the program U-CARE 2.3.2 from the following website:

http://www.cefe.cnrs.fr/biostatistiques ... /logiciels

I followed the steps 1 and 2 as told in this website, i.e. first I downloaded the libraries needed by U-CARE program to work (LIBRARIES Version Matlab 7.17 (Windows 64)), and after I downloaded U-CARE itself.

However, while I downloaded U-CARE, it gave me the following error message at the end: Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Setup software package. Please resolve the following: A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Thus, I downloaded older version of Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual C++ 2010), but did not delete newest version (as am afraid that it may affect on the other applications on my laptop negatively). After, I re-installed both Matlab libraries and U-CARE. This did not solve the problem, and I got the same error message again.

I ignored this error message, and tried to launch U-CARE (by clicking the created desktop icon) with administrator status. In first trial it worked (i.e. the program opened and I was able to run goodness of fit tests on my data), but in second trial the program did not open (with and without administrator status). Instead it gave an error-message saying: Could not access the MCR component cache.

What does this mean? How could I solve this problem? I have tried to delete all the matlab and u-care files and re-installing them several times, but this has not helped. I have also used CCleaner to clean all temporary files and other unnecessary items in my computer.

I am using Windows 8, so maybe this could be a problem..?

Really grateful for any advice,

J.
Appelsiini

Re: Problems with running U-CARE

Postby CHOQUET » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 am

Hello,

concerning

"I ignored this error message, and tried to launch U-CARE (by clicking the created desktop icon) with administrator status. In first trial it worked (i.e. the program opened and I was able to run goodness of fit tests on my data), but in second trial the program did not open (with and without administrator status). Instead it gave an error-message saying: Could not access the MCR component cache. "

I am afraid that I don't know what can happen. Have you try o run U-CARE from the destop menu
instead of the icon with administrator status ?

Sincerely,
Rémi
CHOQUET

Postby stefano.liccioli » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello U-CARE team,
I might be experiencing problems similar to other users or listed in the FAQs, but for which I cannot solve the bug.

I do have Windows 8.1 on my pc.
I have downloaded MATLAB (both version 32 and 64x), as well the software I'm in the need of (U-CARE).
However, I cannot install anything. When I run the MATLAB (as administrator), the screen gets black (with desktop as background) and nothing happens. After roughly a minute, it automatically quits. This happens for both versions of MATLAB,
The same happens if I try to run U-CARE without MATLAB installed.

Any suggestion or advice?

Thank you very much.

Stefano
stefano.liccioli

Postby stefano.liccioli » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Ok,
so for Windows 8 users this is what you need to do:

1) install the MATLAB

2) install U-CARE. It will notify that a problem exists with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 - just ignore it. No matters what version you install it will display the same error.

3) Do not run U-CARE from the desktop icon. Go instead in Program files (where the actual U-CARE folder has been installed), and run the .exe file from there. After few seconds with a black screen, it will run.

regards,

S.
stefano.liccioli

Return to software problems/news