U-Care - won't accept my inp file

questions concerning analysis/theory using programs M-SURGE, E-SURGE and U-CARE

U-Care - won't accept my inp file

Postby Alice1810 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 am

Hello.
I've installed U-Care on my system and I can't open my inp file. It works fine in MARK, and the MARK example files open with no issue in U-Care. I've viewed it in Notepad and it looks no different to the example files.
I've tried so many different things and can't seem to find a solution.
(It seems to be the same problem detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1332 - I've checked the file completely, everything is as it should be)

When I try to open it, an error message appears in the black DOS window, but the whole program shuts down before I can read what it says.

Thanks, Alice.
Alice1810

Re: U-Care - won't accept my inp file

Postby simone77 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:46 am

Hi Alice,

May you copy and paste the head of your text file? maybe it could help.
Anyway this has occurred also to me in the past. A good way of checking it is all OK for U-Care is open the file, select all, copy and paste in Excel. Then, you can use the formula "=length(A1)" where A1 contains the first history and drag the formula down to check if they all have the same number of characters (if it is logical to expect it, if you have removals it might be not the case). More than this, you can select the column and use a tool called "text in column" using as separator the space, to see if there is something wrong.

Besides the suggestions of Rémi from that post you have linked to, you would have U-Care crashed also in the case you have one history of different length than the others, that's why Excel is very useful, in that case, MARK doesn't crash. Just an idea. The same thing if you have codified an capture occasion with a dot.

Good luck!
simone77

Re: U-Care - won't accept my inp file

Postby CHOQUET » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 am

have you try the 'verify' option in U-CARE?
CHOQUET

Return to analysis help