Patuxent SURVIV mirror site?

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to programs in the Patuxent Software Archive

Patuxent SURVIV mirror site?

Postby bp » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:42 pm

Howdy,

I hope the Patuxent folks (and others in the area) came through Isabel ok. Jim Hines web page is down, I assume related to the storm, and I was wondering if anyone new if the SURVIV interface that Jim has on the Patuxent page is mirrored on any other web site? Can anyone email me the compiler that Jim has for SURVIV that is usually available on his site? I have had trouble with other compilers working with SURVIV and have been told that the one Hines has works best.

Thanks for the help.

bp
bp

SURVIV mirror

Postby jhines » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:19 am

Patuxent was closed on Thursday and Friday and regained power after the hurricane (on Monday afternoon), but lost it again Monday evening. (We actually received more rain but less wind Monday night than during the hurricane.) Hopefully, power will be restored sometime Tuesday.

Sorry, I don't know of a mirror site for SURVIV. Although copying the program code and html form to another web-server is not difficult, system-administrator privilages are required to set-up temp directories and monitor jobs. If the site is down and you need results right away, I would be happy to run a job from home. Just email the input file to:

jim_hines@usgs.gov, or jhines229@hotmail.com
jhines

Return to software problems/news