Service Unavailable?

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to programs in the Patuxent Software Archive

Service Unavailable?

Postby fbuderman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 pm

I've been trying to access the Patuxent software archive, and for the past few days have been getting this message:

"Service Unavailable
The requested service is temporarily unavailable. It is either overloaded or under maintenance. Please try later."

Is everyone having this issue?
Is this a temporary thing or something more permanent (I'm mostly interested in the SURVIV interface)?

Thanks,
Franny
fbuderman

Re: Service Unavailable?

Postby jhines » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi, sorry the site is down at the moment due to last Sunday's thunderstorm. The storm knocked out power for 3.5 days, and power was restored on 'Thursday. Unfortunately, the building where the server lives experienced air-conditioning trouble due to another power problem Thursday evening. Power was restored Friday, but the air-cond. was not. I expect everything to be working by Monday. If you can't wait, you can email the SURVIV file to me and I'll run it and return the results. Or, if you want the SURVIV code, let me know.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

Re: Service Unavailable?

Postby fbuderman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks Jim! It can absolutely wait, I just wanted to make sure it would be up sometime in the near future.
-Franny
fbuderman

Return to software problems/news