Is insufficient data the cause to Phi = 1 and SE = 0?

Forum for discussion of general questions related to study design and/or analysis of existing data - software neutral.

Is insufficient data the cause to Phi = 1 and SE = 0?

Postby Snoken » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 am

Hi everyone,
I'm currently working with a long time series (approximately 30 years) of capture-mark-recapture data where animals were captured and marked during the spring and autumn each year (60 occasions with uneven intervals from spring-autumn and autumn-spring).
I have been running some time dependent CJS models with weather covariates, to get winter and summer survival for each year.
The top two models (based on the AIC table) are showing some weird results. For both models winter survival over all 30 years is estimated to be Phi = 1, and in most cases (but not all) the Standard Error is equal to 0. Also, upper and lower CI is 1.
I'm a bit new to this game, but as I understand from reading others' questions (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4251&p=14084&hilit=100%25+survival#p14084) this could be a result of insufficient data, or am I wrong?
I have tried data cloning, but for some reason all the Phi (even the summer) is equal to 1 and SE is 0 when I do it.

How can I proceed with this?
Snoken

Return to analysis & design questions