Analysis suggestions

Forum for discussion of general questions related to study design and/or analysis of existing data - software neutral.

Analysis suggestions

Postby nate » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Hello,

I am new to time-to-event analysis, and I am currently trying to sift through the different methodologies to answer my question: What factors influence elk migration? My study system consists of two groups of elk that winter in the same area, but summer in different areas, and the timing of fall migration differs between the two. I have daily relocations for the period of interest, and censor the elk once they depart their summer range.

I began with a cox proportional hazards model and have quickly found that some of my variables (time-varying covariates) have differential influence over time, and so don't follow the assumptions of CoxPH.

So, in MARK, I would likely proceed with a known-fate model (logistic regression) with time-varying covariates. However, I'm not sure if this is the "best" route, and was hoping for some input from those who know much more than I do. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
nate

Return to analysis & design questions