Estimate annual survival from monthly estimates

Forum for discussion of general questions related to study design and/or analysis of existing data - software neutral.

Estimate annual survival from monthly estimates

Postby alittle » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi,

My data set is currently structured to estimate monthly survival over a period of 32 months. The monthly survival estimate is 0.96 (SE=0.01). I want to calculate an annual survival estimate, which is calculated by multiplying the survival estimate by 12 months. This yields an estimate of 0.59; however, I'm interested in calculating the standard error, lower and upper confidence limits on this estimate. What is the best approach to derive these values?

Thanks!
alittle

Re: Estimate annual survival from monthly estimates

Postby cooch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm

alittle wrote:Hi,

My data set is currently structured to estimate monthly survival over a period of 32 months. The monthly survival estimate is 0.96 (SE=0.01). I want to calculate an annual survival estimate, which is calculated by multiplying the survival estimate by 12 months. This yields an estimate of 0.59; however, I'm interested in calculating the standard error, lower and upper confidence limits on this estimate. What is the best approach to derive these values?

Thanks!

Delta method - see http://www.phidot.org/software/mark/doc ... /app_2.pdf
cooch

Return to analysis & design questions