Dobserv

questions concerning analysis/theory using software from the Patuxent Software Archive

Dobserv

Postby bacollier » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:20 pm

All,
I just downloaded Dobserv from the PWRC website and am working my way through the program using the sample data? I RTM (Dobserv user Instructions) and following through them I did step 1 (converted the raw data) and chose "No" for the provided sample.csv as instructed. The second screen (Step 2) comes up fine, I make no changes to it just wanting to run a p(.) model, I click on the run tab and I get ushered to the Step 3 (Pick Best Model), when I click on that tab (wating anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes before clicking on it), I get a error box popping up "can't open surv.out"?

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to set all the groups to different values (e.t., 1, 2, 3, ...) to make it run? It does not seem like anything is running on the DOS prompt?

Thanks
Bret
bacollier

Postby jhines » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Bret,

It is probably a Windows permission problem. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running under an admin account, or user account? Where did you install DOBSERV?

You can write to me directly (jhines@usgs.gov) as we figure this out.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

Return to analysis help