RDSURVIV/CNVSRV question

questions concerning analysis/theory using software from the Patuxent Software Archive

RDSURVIV/CNVSRV question

Postby harding » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello,

I have several small mammal trapping data sets (each with 26 primary occassions, 4 secondary occassions, and between 1203 and 2414 individuals, depending on species). I am trying to run the RDSURVIV program to test goodness of fit for a model initially run in MARK. I have been trying to run the CNVSRV program first to create the RDSURVIV input file, but it shuts down after a few mintues and gives no output. I have tried both the downloadable and on-line versions.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here? Are my files too large? I have only the capture history and freq columns(1 or -1 values) included (dropped all groups).

I am also wondering if the problem is the way the file is encoded? I have tried txt files saved in ANSI, unicode, unicode big endian, and UTF-8 formats but have been able to find/save in an ASCII format.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
harding

Re: RDSURVIV/CNVSRV question

Postby jhines » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi,

It's most likely something in the data file. If you send me a copy, I'll let you know what it is.

Cheers,

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Return to analysis help