RMark, Closed captures, argument "share"

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

RMark, Closed captures, argument "share"

Postby howeer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:44 pm

My problem involves defining recapture (c) parameters in closed captures models using RMark functions and arguments. I interpreted the helpfile describing "setup.parameters" to mean that when share=TRUE, the structure of p and c models were the same (i.e. affected by time), but values could differ. I included share=TRUE where I intended to include an additive effect of behavioural response to capture, but to impose the same constraints on c as on p. This appears to have been incorrect.

In the edwards.eberhardt example, they seem to use share=TRUE to specify NO behavioural respose, i.e. the values of p and c are equal.

Should I use share=TRUE to specify no behavioural response?

And a model with common structure to p and c would use the same formula for both p and c parameters? I.e.
p.time = list(formula=~time)
c.time = list(formula=~time)
howeer

Solution

Postby jlaake » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 pm

I worked with Eric on this one. What he was looking for was

ptime.c=list(formula=~time+c,share=TRUE)

which is a time model with an additive constant difference for recapture probability. This example is in edwards.eberhardt but the explanation is hidden in a comment and needs to be expanded.

--jeff
jlaake

Return to RMark