RMark and occasion-specific covariates

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

RMark and occasion-specific covariates

Postby howeer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:39 pm

I've been through Appendix C, but can't understand how to add temporal covariates to the design data. I need to add fields to the design data with unique values (weather data) for each group(distinct sampling grids at different locations) on each occasion. Typing the values in would be OK, though it would be nice if I could link to a file with columns for "time" and "wmu" (wildlife management unit) which is the grouping variable, and occasion and wmu-specific covariates. Any suggestions?
howeer

Postby howeer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:11 pm

It seems the function merge.occasion.data will allow this.
howeer

Postby howeer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 pm

The merge.occasion.data function in the current version of RMark will not assign unique occasion- and group-specific covariate values - only values unique to each occasion (time). In the next version of RMark, the merge.occasion.data function will include the argument "bygroup" (T or F, default = F). By setting "bygroup" to TRUE, the function will assign occasion- and group-specific values from the data frame "df" to the design data. Thanks JL!
howeer

Return to RMark