Problems with Pradel model in RMark

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

Problems with Pradel model in RMark

Postby angieluis » Wed May 23, 2007 10:20 am

I've been using RMark to run multistrata models, and love it for ease of use with changing the design matrix, but I have run into some difficulties with the Pradel model. When I try to run any model using type="Pradel", I get the following error message:

Error in if (x4 > x2) { : argument is of length zero

********Following model failed to run : [name of model]**************

The Mark window opens and all the numbers fly across the screen as usual (when invisible=FALSE), but it doesn't do any iterations, just closes the window and gives me the error message. I can run the same models of type="Pradrec" just fine. But I would like to use "Pradel" because it is much faster and I have a bunch of models to run on a large data set. Please help. Thanks!
angieluis

Problem with Pradel in RMark

Postby jlaake » Wed May 23, 2007 12:01 pm

This error is obtuse but the one to pay attention to is that the model failed. It still does create an output file from MARK that you can look at. The error results because it cannot parse out the text from the output that it is looking for. Go into the directory and look for the most recent output file (markxxx.out) after the model aborts. Open it with a text editor and you'll see most of what was streaming across the screen and hopefully the error will be obvious. If not send me the inp and out file. It must be something specific to the data or model specification because I just tried the default model with Pradel and the dipper data and it ran fine.

PS - did you see my post on this list about mlogits and multistrata data?

--jeff
jlaake

Return to RMark