DSR varying across the nesting season in RMark

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

DSR varying across the nesting season in RMark

Postby lmdouglas45 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:53 am

Hello everyone,

I have read the chapter on Nest Survival (ch 17) and the appendix section on RMark, but haven't been able to find an explanation for how to code for DSR that varies across the nesting season in RMark. The book contains a good example for how to accomplish this in standard MARK (ch. 17, Model 5), but not in RMark- has anyone done this/have an example of what the code should look like? I understand that RMark treats NestAge/AgeDay1 differently than most variables (as evidenced in the mallard example), and wasn't sure if DSR across the nesting season also had a unique syntax. Thank you in advance for your answers and I apologize if this question has been asked before, though I wasn't able to find it by searching the forum.
lmdouglas45

Re: DSR varying across the nesting season in RMark

Postby Rotella » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm

There is an example of how to do this in the help for RMark in R within the mallard example (you can search for "# 5. DSR follows a trend through time" in that example). Also, replies to a recent post titled, "Temp and Precip", that was posted in the analysis section of the Program MARK subforum might be of some use.
Rotella

Re: DSR varying across the nesting season in RMark

Postby lmdouglas45 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:06 pm

D'oh! I can't believe I missed that... thank you.
lmdouglas45

Return to RMark