RMark export issues

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

RMark export issues

Postby SoConfused » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello,

I've been having some issues with exporting models from RMark into MARK. Specifically, there seem to be 2 cases that are problematic:
1) I have problems if my groups aren't fully crossed. For example, I have a group YearClass and a group Location. Not all year classes were released in all locations. The models run fine in RMark, but I have problems with the exports.
2) I have issues if some of the models in the model set (using the mark.wrapper function) didn't converge, even if I use remove.mark on non-converged models before exporting.

There are 2 kinds of issues:
1) strange residuals, as reported here: http://www.phidot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3797
2) error messages when trying to import into MARK:

Error Code 4 [ ]
Subsystem: VO-CODE
Callstack: PARSE_Output:INIT (line 247)
MYTOPAPPWIN:APPENDOUTPUT (line: 9)
MYTOPAPPWIN:FILENEWRMARK (line 324)
APP:START (line:1131) START (line:6)

I want to import the models in MARK to check out residuals and run the median c-hat calculations. I have quite a few models, and would much rather export directly from RMark, if possible. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
SoConfused

Re: RMark export issues

Postby jlaake » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Hard to suggest a solution with the information you provided. Note that the .tmp files that are created are not deleted after you import into MARK. If you used export.MARK with a full model set and then decided to remove some models, all of the original .tmp files are still there. I suggest that you remove all .tmp files in your directory and then export the marklist with those models removed. Without an example of your incomplete crossed groups, I can't suggest a solution for it. If you want send me an example.
jlaake

Return to RMark