MSORD question

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

MSORD question

Postby j.harv3y » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:14 am

Hi All,

I'm trying to model a multistate open robust design, however I cannot find any examples of this anywhere! I am aware there is one for the multistate closed robust design.

Does anyone have any examples I may be able to look at for the MSORD please?

Alternatively, in the MSCRD example given, is it sufficient just to change to model in .ddl from crdms to ordms? I am concerned I might have missed some downstream things in the actual model parameters that need changing.

I have read and reread the MARK book, but am still a newbie to RMark, any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Jess
j.harv3y

Re: MSORD question

Postby cooch » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 am

j.harv3y wrote:Hi All,

I'm trying to model a multistate open robust design, however I cannot find any examples of this anywhere! I am aware there is one for the multistate closed robust design.

Does anyone have any examples I may be able to look at for the MSORD please?

Just to add a clarifying 'word' --- you're seeking RMark examples for MSORD. This data type is in fact demonstrated using classic MARK, in Chapter 15 of the book.
cooch

Postby Bill Kendall » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm

There was another post related to code for running MSORD in MARK, where Glenn Stauffer offered an example. Another example can be found with the paper we published this summer in Ecological Monographs, where we more fully document the MSORD model and use it to model sea turtle data:

https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley ... 2/ecm.1329

There is R code for running the models in RMARK included as a supplement. If you don't have access to the journal you can email me for these things: William.Kendall@colostate.edu.

Cheers,
Bill
Bill Kendall

Postby gstauffer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:57 am

Jess,

Bill's paper has a nice example, and if you want another example, email me at gestauffer[at]gmail.com, and I can also send you some R code.

Glenn
gstauffer

Return to RMark