Simulation choke

posts related to the RMark library, which may not be of general interest to users of 'classic' MARK

Simulation choke

Postby mconner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Greetings:

I am running simulations to compare the precision and bias with and without the use of anntenna data for PIT tagged fish. I simulate data with recaptures and resights and then run it through 3 models. First, I run it through the Barker model, second I discretize the resights and use them as recaps in a CJS model, and third, I ignore the resights and run a CJS model with just the recaps. I am using a simple dot model structure, with r fixed = 0, and F fixed = 1 for the Barker model (simplest case, see below).

All plugs along, but somewhere along the way, I get the following error message:
Error in run.mark.model(model, invisible = invisible, adjust = adjust, :

Output file does not exist. Unable to find or run mark.exe
In addition: Warning message:
running command '"c:/Program Files (x86)/Mark/mark64.exe" i=mark002.inp o=mark002.out v=mark002.vcv r=mark002.res threads=-1' had status 2

When I look in the folder, I find all the files for mark001, but it stops at mark002.inp.

The input file for mark002 looks just fine to me, and its mark001 cousin ran for the Barker model. Additionally, all the cases in the simulation prior to the choke look correct.

Thanks for your help. Cheers, Mary

Barkdotmod<-mark(sim.processed.regbark,sim.ddl.regbark,model.parameters=list(S=S.dot,r=r.fix,p=p.dot,
R=R.dot,RPrime=RPrime.dot,F=F.fix,FPrime=FPrime.fix),
output = FALSE,silent = TRUE,invisible = TRUE)
CJS1dotmod<-mark(sim.processed.CJS1,sim.ddl.CJS1, model.parameters=list(Phi=S.dot,p=p.dot),
CJS2dotmod<-mark(sim.processed.CJS2,sim.ddl.CJS2, model.parameters=list(Phi=S.dot,p=p.dot),
mconner

Re: Simulation choke

Postby jlaake » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Mary communicated the following message to me offlist

I have been running simulations on the USU cloud, and the cloud syncs files regularly. I shifted to running off my hard drive, and so far so good (I'm up to scenario/case #39, which is way past where I've ever gotten before).

Thus it is likely that mark.exe was not available due to the file sync. If others have tried running the code on a cloud and have other thoughts, please chime in.
jlaake

Postby mconner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

It was the cloud that was causing the problem. I ran the code from my hard drive without one hiccup.

Thanks to Jeff for jogging me with his insight.

Cheers, Mary
mconner

Postby mconner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

It was the cloud that was causing the problem. I ran the simulations from my hard drive without one hiccup.

Thanks to Jeff for jogging me with his insight.

Cheers, Mary
mconner

Return to RMark