Graphics Interface question

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Graphics Interface question

Postby Christy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Hello,

When navigating to OUTPUT > SPECIFIC MODEL OUTPUT > INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS in "Classic MARK" v.9x, I get a very simple Graphics Window with very few controls, and not a Graphics for Parameter Estimates window as shown on p. 4-11 of the User's Manual or on p. 369 here:
https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/w ... vanced.pdf
I've searched but can't find a prior mention of this issue. Please let me know if I'm doing something incorrect (more than likely) and/or how to bring up the full graphics interface.

Many thanks,
Christy
Christy

Re: Graphics Interface question

Postby cooch » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:31 pm

Christy wrote:Hello,

When navigating to OUTPUT > SPECIFIC MODEL OUTPUT > INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS in "Classic MARK" v.9x, I get a very simple Graphics Window with very few controls, and not a Graphics for Parameter Estimates window as shown on p. 4-11 of the User's Manual or on p. 369 here:

Sure, because the graphics libraries MARK uses have changed since those images were generated. The current version has many of the same controls -- they're simply menu-based, rather than icons on a toolbar. The controls are pretty self-explanatory.

Note: the graphics capabilities in MARK are not intended to be high-level, publication-ready. They're intended to facilitate a 'quick look' at various things. The preferred option is to output things to an Excel spreadsheet, and then go from there...pulling things out of the spreadsheet, and putting things into some more robust graphics framework.
cooch

Re: Graphics Interface question

Postby Christy » Mon May 02, 2022 7:42 am

Thanks for the explanation and info cooch - much appreciated.
Christy

Return to software problems/news