software update...

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

software update...

Postby cooch » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:53 am

Latest version of MARK (new data types, various bug fixes) posted - http://www.phidot.org/software/mark/downloads/

Worth updating to the latest version.

Both Windows and Linux versions are 'latest and greatest'. Will post an OS/X version at some stage. Compiling for a Mac has become more complicated since you now need to compile different versions for Intel-based vs ARM-based Macs. PITA.
cooch

Re: software update...

Postby cooch » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:49 am

Minor bug fix for the 'multi-species occupancy' data type.
cooch

Postby cooch » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm

cooch wrote: Compiling for a Mac has become more complicated since you now need to compile different versions for Intel-based vs ARM-based Macs. PITA.

So, based on a few folks I asked, basic FORTRAN compilers (and potentially even much of GCC) won't be available for M1 (ARM) Macs for quite a while. While there will no doubt be commercial options in the shorter term, that isn't going to happen on my side. I use free, open source compilers. Period.

So, hopefully a compilation of latest MARK for Intel-based Macs soon. For M1-based Macs, not soon, if at all. Complaints can be sent to One Infinite Loop in Cupertino.
cooch

Postby cooch » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 am

Mac version now available (courtesy of Brett McClintock -- thanks!). 64-bit build for Intel-based Macs. If you're one of the folks with the newer M1 chip, you're out of luck (as above, submit complaints to Cupertino, not here).
cooch

Return to software problems/news