Error Code 11

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Error Code 11

Postby dagvon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi
I downloaded MARK today and got an error code 11 the first time I tried to run it. It also says Subsystem: BASE and Description: Dynamic Memory Low. I have never had memory issues with my computer and was hoping this forum could help me overcome the problem without having to buy a new computer. I have tried to uninstall and install again, restart the computer etc., but with no luck.
dagvon

Re: Error Code 11

Postby cooch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

As posted, your question/report lacks a lot of trhe minimum sufficient details that anyone would need to help. Like, what operating system, how much RAM, etc, etc.

However, hazarding a wild guess its a Windows 10 machine, have a look at the last part of the following -- about trying MARK in 'compatability' mode:

I finally had my hands on a computer where this particular bug occurs -- a Win 10 machine of recent vintage. I tried re-installing an older version of MARK, and the error persists (suggesting the problem isn't lkely due to a new feature in the MARK GUI -- of which there have been several), but, more likely, some recent tweak/chnge in Win 10, interacting with one or more programs/utilities/drivers on said machine (it isn't Win 10 generically, since it does run run on most Win 10 machines -- just not all of them). While figuring out exactly which element of the Win 10 environment is conflicting with MARK might be a fun exercise, it is far simpler to, as suggested, simply set MARK to run in compatability mode.

So, simply right-click the MARK icon, select the 'Compatability' tab, and have MARK run in either Win 7 or Win 8 compatability mode. Seems to do the trick.

Worth a try.
cooch

Postby dagvon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I am sorry for providing too little detail, I am new at this as from today. But, running the program in a Win 7 compatibilty mode did the trick. Thanks!
dagvon

Postby cooch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm

No problem. Glad it worked.
cooch

Return to software problems/news