Problems with MARK output in Occupancy Robust design

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Problems with MARK output in Occupancy Robust design

Postby middle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,
This is the first time that I have posted here. I have reviewed all of the help documents and the MARK book, but I can't seem to find anything that addresses the issue that I am having.

I have been using MARK for the last couple of years, but our models are getting increasingly complex. Here's the model that we ran: {Psi(y1=y2, Gy3, Uy3)gam(G1=U1, G2, U2))p(y1(G,Ut)y2(Unt)y3(Unt))}. There are two management units, G and U. We have three years' of data. The goal of the model is to keep Psi constant across units in years 1 and 2, but allow it to change in year 3 by unit. The same for gamma. I'm not sure if this helps, but I have coded this model in the following way into the PIM:
Occupancy of G y1-3: 112
Occupancy of U y1-3:113
Gamma G:45
Gamma U:46
The other 7 parameters are coded for detection.
As the PIM indicates, the first three parameters are taken up by Psi, while the next three are Gamma.
But, when I run the model, here's what I get from MARK:
Index Label Estimate
1 Psi 0.25
2 Psi 0.43
3 Gamma 0.25
4 Gamma 0.05
5 Gamma 0.24
6 Gamma 0.05
The labels on all the detection probability parameters are also correct.

We have tried this model on several different species and get the same (what I perceive as a) mis-application of labels on all of them. What am I missing?

Thank you very much for your time.
middle

Re: Problems with MARK output in Occupancy Robust design

Postby gwhite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Have you changed the labels with the "Real Parameter Names" option under the Run menu? Or maybe you need to set them to what you think are correct labels using that command.
gwhite

Re: Problems with MARK output in Occupancy Robust design

Postby middle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 am

Perfect solution! Thank you very much, Dr. White. I had never had to use that function before.
middle

Return to software problems/news