new MARK build

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

new MARK build

Postby cooch » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Gary has just released a new version of MARK. The main change inovlves a new design matrix function, which will be very handy for modeling covariate relationships where you think a threshold effect might be occuring:

280. The NLBETA function was added. All the beta parameters in MARK are linear parameters. The NLBETA function allows the user to have a non-linear parameter embedded in the design matrix. The NLBETA function adds parameters to the beta parameter list. As an example, to model an asymptotic threshold function, the design matrix entry

Code: Select all
add(1,product(-1,exp(product(nlbeta(1),Length))))

would estimate the threshold with the slope specified in the nlbeta(1) function. Details are provided in the MARK help file. The addition of this capability required major changes to MARK code, so if you encounter errors, let me know.

Mac and Linux versions of the MARK executable will follow shortly. And, at some point, I'll add the details and worked example(s) to the book (as a heads up, some major new additions to the book in the next 6-8 weeks. Goal being to hit 1500 pages. ;-)
cooch

Re: new MARK build

Postby cooch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Mac and Linux versions of the MARK executable will follow shortly....

Uploaded as of 5 minutes ago. Thanks to Brett McClintock for the OS/X compiled version.
cooch

Postby sbonner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 am

In case anyone on MacOS is using it, I've now updated my homebrew tap with the version of MARK Brett compiled. You can find instructions on initially installing homebrew/my tap/mark-on-mac here: http://www.phidot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3233&p=10916&hilit=mark+on+mac#p10916.

If you've already done that then you can upgrade to the new version simply with the commands:
homebrew upgrade

homebrew update
sbonner

Postby cooch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am

Awesome -- thanks, Simon!
cooch

Postby Dan_Gibson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

I am not sure if its me, or my general inability to search correctly, but I am having a hard time finding any information in the help file related to the NLBETA function. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Dan_Gibson

Postby cooch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Dan_Gibson wrote:I am not sure if its me, or my general inability to search correctly, but I am having a hard time finding any information in the help file related to the NLBETA function. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

It's you. ;-)

'Design Matrix | Functions'. For the moment, the description and example in the helpfile is all the documentation there is.
cooch

Postby Dan_Gibson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

cooch wrote:
Dan_Gibson wrote:I am not sure if its me, or my general inability to search correctly, but I am having a hard time finding any information in the help file related to the NLBETA function. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

It's you. ;-)

'Design Matrix | Functions'. For the moment, the description and example in the helpfile is all the documentation there is.

Damnit, I hate when its me.
Dan_Gibson

Return to software problems/news