Cannot open dbf files or create new file

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

Cannot open dbf files or create new file

Postby teresacampbell » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello,

I am looking for help opening some old analyses in MARK. I am trying to use MARK for the first time in approximately 6 months on a laptop that I have successfully used MARK on in the past. To preface the problem I'm having, I am using Windows 10, have 8 GB of RAM, and Bitdefender AV software. Also, after the 1st time I had the following problem, I uninstalled my old version of MARK, deleted the MARK folder in the Program Files folder on my computer, restarted my computer, installed the most recent version of MARK, restarted my computer again, and continued to have the same problem.

This is the problem I'm having:

I can open MARK, but when I try to open any .dbf file (I have tried multiple .dbf files that I used without problems in the past), I get the following error message:

Error Code: 21 [ ]
Subsystem: DBFCDX
Error Subdcode: 1101
Function: INIT
Filename: (my file)
CallStack:
MYTOPAPPWIN:FILEOPEN (Line:109)
MYTOAPPWIN:OPENFILE (Line:3)
APP:START (Line:1111)
START (Line:6)

After trying to open multiple .dbf files and getting the same error message, I tried starting from scratch and creating a new file from an .inp file. After inputting all the parameters and hitting OK, I got an error message that said:

"Could not create the RESULTS database file as (and then the location and name of the results file I specified)"

When I clicked OK from that error box, I get another Error message similar to the one when I tried opening .dbf files:

Error Code: 21 [ ]
Subsystem: DBFCDX
Error Subdcode: 1101
Function: INIT
Filename: (my file)
CallStack:
RESULTS:INIT (Line:65)
MYTOPAPPWIN:FILENEW (Line:287)
MYTOAPPWIN:NEWFILE (Line:3)
APP:START (Line:1111)
START (Line:6)

If you know how to solve this, please help me out. Thank you so much.

Update: I just successfully opened the same .dbf files in MARK on another computer, so it seems like this problem is unique to my computer.
teresacampbell

Return to software problems/news