link to g white's markhelp webpages

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

link to g white's markhelp webpages

Postby WiPhi » Thu May 04, 2017 7:59 pm

I just clicked on my bookmarked link to G. White's markhelp webpage at colorado state (which i visit very often) and ended up at the WCNR homepage.
Looks like their website has been restructured and the indexed help notes are gone. Anyone know of another repository?
http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~gwhite/ ... index.html
WiPhi

Re: link to g white's markhelp webpages

Postby cooch » Thu May 04, 2017 8:14 pm

WiPhi wrote:I just clicked on my bookmarked link to G. White's markhelp webpage at colorado state (which i visit very often) and ended up at the WCNR homepage.
Looks like their website has been restructured and the indexed help notes are gone. Anyone know of another repository?
http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~gwhite/ ... index.html

Indeed, they've dsappeared. But, just out of curiosity, since (i) the MARK helpfile itself is bundled with MARK, and is almost undoubtedly more current than the online version is/was, and (ii) the MARK book provides the basic coverage of the helpfile, plus some, why are you using the online .HTML file at all? I don't think I've ever used it in 'the few years I've been using MARK' (although I have stumbled across it doing web searches for various things). Again, not a criticism in any way -- just curious.
cooch

Re: link to g white's markhelp webpages

Postby WiPhi » Mon May 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I used the webpages mostly out of habit, having some frequently visited pages conveniently bookmarked in my browser. I mostly use Rmark so Mark is usually not already open when I am looking for an answer, but the webpage with the MARK book is ALWAYS open so it has always been easy to jump to the saved bookmarks on G. White's page. Thanks for making me aware that the MARK helpfile is the most current source, I will use that from now on.
WiPhi

Return to software problems/news