updated chapter(s) | 'dot' notation + missing occasions

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

updated chapter(s) | 'dot' notation + missing occasions

Postby cooch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Prompted by several things, I finally broke down and updated a couple of chapters to provide some documentation for the ability to use 'dots' for 'missing occsions'. (Note: you can get the list of the data types in MARK that suport the 'dot' covention by lookng at 'Help | Data types']. I'll let the new bits of text and such speak for themselves.

Specifically, new section 2.3 in Chapter 2, and then various worked examples in Chapter 4 (much-expanded sidebar starting on p. 25).

Text is somewhat in 'draft' state, but the basics are in place.
cooch

Re: updated chapter(s) | 'dot' notation + missing occasions

Postby ehileman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 am

Evan,

Thank you for your continued efforts to update the manual. It is much appreciated! Having used the dot notation for some time now, it’s nice to see it finally documented beyond the forum—even if it is in a “draft” state. Cheers!

Eric
ehileman

Re: updated chapter(s) | 'dot' notation + missing occasions

Postby cooch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 pm

ehileman wrote:Evan,

Thank you for your continued efforts to update the manual. It is much appreciated! Having used the dot notation for some time now, it’s nice to see it finally documented beyond the forum—even if it is in a “draft” state. Cheers!

Eric

No worries. Has been on my 'should-do-soon-but-probably-won't-get-to-it' list for some time. In fact, I've done quite a few more tweaks to the text since the original post.
cooch

Return to software problems/news