error messages

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

error messages

Postby tomo_eguchi » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:44 pm

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to post problems other than analyses in MARK.

When I installed the new version of MARK on my XP computer, it gave me a message 'Unable to register component c:\WINDOWS\system32\lfpcd13n.dll' I uninstalled the old version before installing the new one. I uninstalled again but a similar error message also showed up while uninstalling MARK. Where can I get this dll file?

Also, when I use MARK, after specifying PIM etc and click 'run,' MARK burfs an Error message saying "Error Code 2[BOUND ERROR], Subsytem; BASE, Function ARRAYGET, Argument 4, CallStack: WRITEPIMS (Line 8), MYTOPAPPWIN:RUNMARKF (Line: 506), MYTOPAPPWIN: RUNMARK (Line: 2), APP: START (Line: 39), START (Line 8)" I, then, have to 'abort' MARK. When I restart MARK, however, the same dataset runs fine. Are these two issues related?

Thanks Gary!!

Tomo
tomo_eguchi

error messages

Postby gwhite » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:08 pm

Tomo:
I think you can ignore the first message. To see if MARK is operating correctly, try graphing some estimates. The DLL listed has to do with the graphics package. I've seen this error before on some machines, but it doesn't seem to affect the graphics package, so I'm not sure what is causing this issue.

The second set of messages look like what happens when you try to use the new mark_int.exe with the old DLL files. I suspect that the registry was not properly read by Windows after the new installation, so that MARK is getting input from the operating system that conforms to the old version, but is now the new version. I suspect that rebooting the system will make this message go away.

Gary
gwhite

Return to software problems/news