Proteus.co.nz example data

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Proteus.co.nz example data

Postby bkhobart » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

Hi Darryl,

Just finished up reading Occupancy Estimation and Modeling V2 (which was excellent), and was hoping to work through some of the analyses presented in the book, which points readers to Proteus.co.nz. However, I noticed the website recently got updated and the page with such files seems to be be MIA, any chance you could point me in the right direction?

I recognize that this isn't directly related to PRESENCE software, but this seemed to be the most applicable location to post.

Many thanks, Brendan
bkhobart

Re: Proteus.co.nz example data

Postby jhines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Brendan,

Data for several of the examples in the book can be found in the Presence/Sample Data folder when Presence is installed.

They are also included in RPresence.
jhines

Postby bkhobart » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks Jim, I have looked at those and worked through some. The sets I was really hoping to dig up were those from the multi-season, multi-state examples of chapter 9. If these aren't available, no problem!

Best, Brendan
bkhobart

Postby darryl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:41 am

Hi Brendan
There's a dedicated webpage for the book on the new Proteus site, under the 'Publications' menu item. So far I have only got a few examples from the book up there at the moment, but will be adding more over the next few weeks. Some of the multi-season multi-state examples that were included in the MacKenzie et al (2009) Ecology paper that was cited in that chapter will be available in Ecological Archives.
Cheers
Darryl
darryl

Postby bkhobart » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 am

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on the Proteus site over the coming weeks (somehow missed the data links at the bottom of the book's page). Haven't yet had luck on Ecological Archives but will continue searching - found the AIC tables, etc but no data.

Again, many thanks.

Cheers, Brendan
bkhobart

Return to software problems/news