problems with model not recognizing all sites

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

problems with model not recognizing all sites

Postby loosen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi there,

I have a data set with 873 sites and 7 survey sessions (columns). I am able to insert the data to the via the input data form and PRESENCE recognizes all 873 sites. When I save as, all is still good. However, when I run any model (let's use the simple single season as an example) it only recognizes 34 sites (with 7 survey sessions). I've tried loading my data in various ways but am unable to remedy this. I have a new version of PRESENCE but unclear how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Annie
loosen

Re: problems with model not recognizing all sites

Postby jhines » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:03 pm

The most likely problem is an invalid character, or no character, in the input detection histories. Check the spreadsheet to see if every site contains a '1' or '0' or '-' for each of the 7 surveys. When saving the file, PRESENCE assumes the last site is the one just before there is no data. So, if site 35 doesn't have a valid character, it would only save 34 sites.

If the data looks OK, you can try pasting the same data into Word and look for strange characters around site 34 or 35.

If that doesn't help, you can send me the spreadsheet and I'd be happy to diagnose the problem.

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Re: problems with model not recognizing all sites

Postby loosen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Jim,

That remedied my problem. Thanks for the response,

Annie
loosen

Return to software problems/news