Error message when running multi-season analysis

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Error message when running multi-season analysis

Postby Lea » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi there,
I am trying to run a simple multi-season analysis in presence 8.0

I have an existing analysis that seems to open fine (originally I would have run it with version 5.8 or so). I can view the model outputs, the data and the design matrix but as soon as I try to run a new model (or even re-run an existing model) I get an error message that says “Presence encountered an error. Check input (.pao) and/or design matrix (.dm) files” and sometimes I also get a “Presence.exe has stopped working” and it crashes.

I have tried making a new project and loading the old .pao. I then copy and paste the old OUT files to the folder and rebuild project from output files but I still get the same error message.

I have tried opening various different projects and I get the same error message.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have tried making a new project with a new data table and it still won’t work. Thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated!
Lea
Lea

Re: Error message when running multi-season analysis

Postby mpwilson09 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Hello, I am having a similar issue just running the simple single-season examples (Blue ridge example) in presence 8.1. I have also uninstalled it and downloaded it again but I get the same error message or it crashes. I have 7.4 version on my desktop and it works perfectly.

I have tried downloading the 8.1 version on my laptop and on a desktop and both do not allow me to run the model.

Thank you for your help!

Meredith
mpwilson09

Postby jhines » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi,

I've corrected the bug and uploaded a new version (8.2). Please download it and let me know if you have trouble.

Jim
jhines

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Jim,
Unfortunately I still get the same error message. I tried installing it on a different computer and I got the same error. I tried opening the files with an older version of Presence and they opened fine.
Lea
Lea

Postby jhines » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Lea,

Can you send me the most recent backup zipfile from your project folder, off-list?

Thanks,

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Postby jhines » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:07 am

I introduced a bug into PRESENCE when I added the multi-season-multi-method model (ver 8.0) which caused the alternate parameterization multi-season models (phi(t)gam(t)p(t)) to crash. I've corrected it in version 8.3. Please download the new version and let me know if you have any other problems.

Jim
jhines

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks Jim,
That seems to have fixed the problem.
Lea
Lea

Return to software problems/news