Problem with creating results window

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Problem with creating results window

Postby pennyb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi there,

I'm a new user to Presence and still feeling my way around it. I have a simple dataset that consists of presence-absence of 1 frog species at 3 sites, with 5 repeated site visits. I have been able to run the simplest single season model with 1 group, constant P, however I would like to model some covariates and this is where I am having issues. On my input data, I copy in the presence-absence data, and have tried just 1 sampling covariate (these are variables such as humidity, air temp, water temp etc and values have all been normalised prior to copying them into the program). So I input my data (3 sites, 5 occasions, 0 site covariates, 1 sampling covariate), save the file, click to select the file, it comes up with the data file name (pa0) and results filename (pa3), then I click OK to get the results window, and every time a little box comes up with a blue graph showing a percent of processing (im guessing) and it always stops so the results window never comes up!!

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated, pulling my hair out at the moment!

Cheers, Penny
pennyb

Re: Problem with creating results window

Postby jhines » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi Penny,

After you save the file from the data input window, you can close that window, then click the 'OK' button in the main window (don't click to select the file as it is pre-selected for you when you used the data input form). I've never tried doing that sequence before, so I'll look into why that would cause the program to 'hang'. Let me know if you're still having trouble after trying this.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

Postby pennyb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Jim,

Cheers for the reply. Ok so I tried that, and unfortunately the same problem! I'm using a mac but have also tried it on a PC to no avail. I've even tried the program sample data on the Weta and have followed the instructions! There must be something I'm doing wrong!
pennyb

Postby jhines » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:51 am

Did you have the same problem with the Windows version? Make sure you have write access to the folder you're saving the file to.
jhines

Return to software problems/news