data file seems to change when I try and run a model

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

data file seems to change when I try and run a model

Postby KerryK » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:39 am

Hello

I'm completely new to PRESENCE so I know I must be doing something very wrong but I can't work out what.

Last week, I worked through all the examples etc and started playing around with my own data, all was fine. Then today something strange is starting to occur. I have 235 rows of data in 8 columns, once I have pasted all the data in and saved it etc it all looks fine, but when I run the model and look at the output it was telling me there was only 80 rows and 6 columns, so I doubled checked the data file and sure enough there was no longer 235 rows. I tried saving the data under different names and only using 4 columns instead of 8, but the same thing keeps happening..... what am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Kerry
KerryK

Re: data file seems to change when I try and run a model

Postby darryl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Have you checked for an invalid character in the data file, like a space? Valid characters for your data file are numbers, "." and "-" (without quotes). It probably happens at around the point where your data gets cutoff.

Also, check the command window of PRESENCE (the black-box, non-GUI, DOS-like window) and see if there are any errors or warnings displayed there.

Cheers
Darryl
darryl

Postby KerryK » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks Darryl

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't see any obvious errors in the command window. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be occurring when I was trying to run the multi method model "psi, theta(t),p(.)", but not if I changed the model to "psi, theta(t), p(method)" but I think I have managed to resolve the issue by opening a csv file in PRESENCE instead of copying and pasting from excel.... not sure why it was occurring though...??

Thanks again, no doubt I will have more issues cropping up, this forum is a life saver!

Best wishes

Kerry
KerryK

Postby darryl » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:52 pm

That's weird if it's only happening with a particular model. If you ever manage to figure out the exact problem please post the info here. Glad you managed to get it sorted out.
Darryl
darryl

Return to software problems/news