Variance-Covariance matrix sometimes missing in 4.3 and 4.6

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Variance-Covariance matrix sometimes missing in 4.3 and 4.6

Postby sBorrego » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Jim,
The variance - covariance matrix is sometimes missing from the output for some models on both versions (I've ran them on 2 different machines (vista and 7), with either PRESENCE version 4.3 and 4.6). Interestingly, using a different species with the same data set the v-c appears in the output. Also note that in v. 4.6 I was able to view the c-v matrix by re-running models and selecting "print v-c matrix". While ultimately I was able to find the v-c matrix, I thought I'd pass this along as I suspect this is a bug...
sBorrego

Re: Variance-Covariance matrix sometimes missing in 4.3 and

Postby jhines » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi,

The current version of PRESENCE does not print the var-cov matrix unless you check the option in the Run Analysis dialog window. I changed the default behavior from the original, where it would always print in order to shorten the output (save paper). Most are not interested in the var-cov matrix except for the 'best' model. If ver 4.6 doesn't print when you check the option, please let me know.

Jim
jhines

Return to software problems/news