Problem with Site Covar file

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Problem with Site Covar file

Postby northernbio » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm trying to use the Presence feature to read in a separate Site Covar file. I am using a tab delimited .txt file, created using "save as" in Excel. I am running Presence 4.4 under Windows 7. The file seems to read in ok, as I can see it properly in the Presence data editor, but when I run a model specifying a specific site covar, I end up with the same result as the null model, with no site covariates specified. When I save the file, reopen the project, and try again, the program crashes. Any ideas what might be the issue?

Rob
northernbio

Re: Problem with Site Covar file

Postby jhines » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Rob,

Once the file is read into the data editor window, the new presence input file (pao) must be saved. Use the 'File' menu, then 'save as' to save it. Make sure you save it inside the project folder.

Jim
jhines

Postby northernbio » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Jim:

Yes, I just confirmed those steps. I saved the file in the Project folder, closed Presence and reopened. When I run the analysis the program (even using the basic model) I receive a Presence error that something is wrong with the data file or design matrix. In some trials Windows reports the program stopped working.

Would you be interested in looking at my data files? It could be some minor mistake I am making. Just to be clear, I am using the menu function "Open Site Covar File", not the function to open the "extra" site covar file. I'm not sure of the difference between the two. We have many species we are modelling, and we will be making some changes to the site descriptions, so it would be very helpful to use this function.

Cheers,

Rob
northernbio

Postby jhines » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Rob,

Yes, I'm interested in looking at your files. Please email them to me (jhines@usgs.gov).

Thanks,

Jim
jhines

Return to software problems/news