Can't create Project Files

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Can't create Project Files

Postby mferreira » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi

I'm a new user of presence. I'm tryng to use the tuturial but the program doesn't allow me to create project files.

I'm using Windos Vista, but so far I was able to put every software working. Don't know if anyone already had this problem before.

Here is a print screen of the error message:

I'll thank any help.

Cheers
mferreira

Re: Can't create Project Files

Postby mferreira » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:15 am

At least can anyone get me a stable (oldest) version? In the webpage even in the link for the 2.4 version you can only donwload 3 beta version.
mferreira

Postby mferreira » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Solved!!

Like Mauricio said can't be long directories. Also can't use special characters. Now I'm having problems importing the data. The program crashes most of the times. Is this because I'm using Vista?
mferreira

Postby biochori » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi

I'm a new user of presence. I'm tryng to use the tuturial but the program doesn't allow me to create project files.

I'm using Windos Vista, but so far I was able to put every software working. Don't know if anyone already had this problem before.

I'll thank any help.
biochori

Postby brenda89 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. How did you solved it?? I don't know what am i doing wrong

mferreira wrote:Solved!!

Like Mauricio said can't be long directories. Also can't use special characters. Now I'm having problems importing the data. The program crashes most of the times. Is this because I'm using Vista?
brenda89

Postby jhines » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:35 am

Hi,

1. Make sure you've selected a folder on the computer where you have permission to write (not c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files(x86), or any folder inside those folders). I suggest creating a folder in the "Documents" or "My Documents" folder for the project.

2. In some cases, special or non-english characters cause problems in Presence when creating a folder or file. I suggest that you don't use these characters in the folder or filename.

I hope this helps. If you still have trouble, feel free to email me a screen-shot of the command window containing the error message.

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Return to software problems/news