"Assess Model Fit" Trouble: Single-Season Multi-Method

questions concerning analysis/theory using program PRESENCE

"Assess Model Fit" Trouble: Single-Season Multi-Method

Postby heg90 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble running a Goodness of Fit test for the single-season multi-method analysis I'm working on. When I click "Assess Model Fit" for my top model, the output that should appear at the bottom with the test information is not there.

I tried searching through the help forums to see if anyone had any advice for this, and I did find one post that had a similar problem (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2415&p=7585&hilit=multi+method+model+fit#p7585). Their solution was to update to the newest version to get it working for them; however, I tried installing the latest version of the program/restarting my computer and still did not get output for the GoF test.

Any ideas for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
heg90

Re: "Assess Model Fit" Trouble: Single-Season Multi-Method

Postby jhines » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Sorry for the trouble you're having with Presence. I've uploaded a new version (12.26) of Presence where the problem should be fixed.

Jim
jhines

Postby heg90 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for looking into this for me. I tried downloading the updated version and rerunning my model to try the "Assess Model Fit" function and unfortunately I am still not seeing any output for the model fit. Could it be something on my end? I'm still learning and reading up on model fit/multiscale analyses in PRESENCE as I have been primarily using MARK, so perhaps there is something I'm overlooking. I'm getting the same output from my models in PRESENCE as the models I ran in MARK so I don't think there's a problem with the data entry (hopefully).
heg90

Postby jhines » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:18 am

Hi and sorry again. Please download Presence (same version number, but today's date) and try again. If you still have trouble, please send me your most recent backup-zipfile from the project folder.

Jim
jhines

Postby heg90 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi,

Okay, I downloaded the latest version and created a new project using the same data but I was unable to rerun my models. I tried running a simple dot model without the "Assess Model Fit" selected and I gave it some time to run but no output was produced. I think because I was unable to run any models it did not save a zipfile like my previous projects from the earlier PRESENCE versions. The last line of code in the results output says "opening:pres_Psi(.)_Theta(.)_p(.).out" but no model is appended to the results. Sorry for the trouble, I appreciate your help!

~Holly
heg90

Postby jhines » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi Holly,

Would you mind sending me your most recent backup zipfile from your project folder?

Thanks,

Jim (jhines@usgs.gov)
jhines

Postby jhines » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Problem solved. The updated version of Presence solved the GOF issue she had, but re-installation of Presence caused another problem (with the windows registry). I've updated Presence so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.
jhines

Return to analysis help