multi-season extension of multi-scale/method model

questions concerning analysis/theory using program PRESENCE

multi-season extension of multi-scale/method model

Postby connorw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of code for a multi-season extension of the Nichols et al. 2008 multi-scale/method occupancy model? They close their paper by noting that "these extensions are straightforward," but I haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Connor
connorw

Re: multi-season extension of multi-scale/method model

Postby cooch » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:58 pm

connorw wrote:Hi All,

Is anyone aware of code for a multi-season extension of the Nichols et al. 2008 multi-scale/method occupancy model? They close their paper by noting that "these extensions are straightforward," but I haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Connor

Its in MARK. Data type 175, if I recall correctly.
cooch

Postby connorw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks, Evan! The 'Data Types' drop-down in MARK isn't working so I can't look models up by number, but I found the 'Robust Design Multi-scale occupancy estimation' model, which I believe is what I'm looking for.
connorw

Postby cooch » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:14 pm

connorw wrote:Thanks, Evan! The 'Data Types' drop-down in MARK isn't working so I can't look models up by number,

Which suggests you're MARK is not configured correctly in terms of the associated editor (default is Notepad). All the 'drop-down' menu does is dump an ASCII file with the data types into the editor

but I found the 'Robust Design Multi-scale occupancy estimation' model, which I believe is what I'm looking for.

That would be the one...175 in the bottom of the data type list (last 7-8 of which are shown, below):

Code: Select all
170. _RDOCCURELCLOS: Robust Design Occupancy Estimation with relaxed closure
171. $_*ZiUnIdPoissonMRwithin: Zero-inflated Unidentified Marks Poisson Mark Resight with Robust Design within primaries
172. _*PoissonMRacross: Poisson Mark Resight with Robust Design across primaries
173. _*UnIdPoissonMRacross: Unidentified Marks Poisson Mark Resight with Robust Design across primaries
174. $_*ZiUnIdPoissonMRacross: Zero-inflated Unidentified Marks Poisson Mark Resight with Robust Design across primaries
175. $_RDMultScalOcc: Robust Design Multi-scale occupancy estimation
176. #$_MSBarker: Barker Multi-state Joint Live and Dead Encounters and Resightings 177. _NSpeciesOcc: Multi-species Occupancy Model
178. _*HidMarkov: Hidden Markov Model
179. _MSUncBarker: Barker Multi-state Joint Live and Dead Encounters and Resightings with multiple uncertain events
180. _MSUnc2Barker: Barker Multi-state Joint Live and Dead Encounters and Resightings with multiple uncertain events and transitons first         

It is worth acknowleding in passing that MARK handles 180 different data types -- a truly stagerring number.
cooch

Postby jhines » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:27 pm

For the record, that model is in Presence as well (Multi-season/multi-method).
jhines

Postby cooch » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:30 pm

jhines wrote:For the record, that model is in Presence as well (Multi-season/multi-method).

Thanks, Jim. Is that true for both Presence and RPresence? For some reason, I was under the impression it was one, but not both (and then, coudln't remember which one...).
cooch

Return to analysis help