Parameterization multi-state multi season

questions concerning analysis/theory using program PRESENCE

Parameterization multi-state multi season

Postby rasrage » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Dear all,
I am trying to run a multi-state multi-season model and running into trouble early on. Whenever I try to use the second parameterization (Psi, R, p and delta), PRESENCE crashes, and I get the error message that prompts me to check my data and design matrix. I am running the default model that appears when selecting this parameterization - I don't do anything with the design matrix. The first parameterization (psi, p) runs, which makes me think that it's not my data. I have also double-checked that I only have values of 0,1,2 or "-" in my data. Any idea why the second parameterization wouldn't work at all?
Two thoughts I had:
I have a lot of missing observations - is the second parameterization more sensitive to that?
I am creating the .pao file outside of PRESENCE and then read it in; when I look at the data spreadsheet within PRESENCE only the first 21 sites (out of 174) have site names (i.e. row names); only the first 6 occasions have labels, and the numbering is incorrect (e.g., the 5th column is labeled 2-1, but really it should be 1-5). But the summary info on top of the data sheet is correct - right number of sites, seasons, occasions/season. And the design matrix is constructed with the correct number of seasons and occasions.
I appreciate any thoughts and ideas for trouble-shooting. I am happy to provide more detail as needed, but I am unsure where even to start looking.
Thanks!
Rahel
rasrage

Re: Parameterization multi-state multi season

Postby jhines » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 am

I've fixed the bug which was causing this problem. Please download version 9.7.

Jim
jhines

Re: Parameterization multi-state multi season

Postby rasrage » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Thank you Jim! Will do!
rasrage

Return to analysis help