Analysis from file in Royle Biometrics

questions concerning analysis/theory using program PRESENCE

Postby CJWM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Greetings,

I'm trying to run analysis from fine in Royle Biometrics using PRESENCE 2.4. It returns the same results for each model run this way. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Chris
CJWM

Postby jhines » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:36 am

It looks like a bug. I'll look into it.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

nalysis from file in Royle Biometrics

Postby jhines » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:29 am

Bug fixed/squashed 15-sep-2009.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

Postby CJWM » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Great, thanks alot.

Chris
CJWM

Same problem with analysis from file in PRESENCE

Postby ekalies » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm

I am having the same problem- when I use the "analysis from file" option in single-season occupancy models, I get bogus results. I've updated to the latest version (2.4) but no luck. Thanks!
ekalies

Postby darryl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Does your new data set have the exact same number of units, surveys, covariates, covariate names, etc as the file data?

Darryl
darryl

Same problem with analysis from file in PRESENCE

Postby jhines » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Liz,

I tried the test files you sent and it worked for 2 models, but not the 2 'predefined' models. I should put a note in the program somewhere that 'Run from file' only works for 'custom' models (ie. models which use a design matrix). If you wish to run a bunch of other files using the models in test2, then you can rerun the predefined models using the design matrix and delete the predefined models from the output. The first predefined model is trivial to build as you just change from predefined to 'custom' and the default design matrix will be setup to do model 'psi(.),p(.)'. The other predefined model (psi(.),p(survey)' can be built by clicking on the detection tab of the design matrix and clicking the menu 'init/identity'.

Cheers,

Jim
jhines

New Bug

Postby CJWM » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Now I can run analysis from file under Royle Biometrics, but when I open the design matrix it won't let me click anywhere else, it just makes the "dunk" sound. Is this another Bug?

Thanks,
Chris
CJWM

Re: Analysis from file in Royle Biometrics

Postby jbrook9 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

I am having difficulty using the "Analysis from file" option when running the Royle Biometric model. If I try to select all the model and run them at once some of the models fail to run. The AIC value is zero and only the information about the input data is displayed in model output. However, if I select and run each model individually, they all run just fine. I am using version 10.7 and have verified that the data have the same format and covariates have the same names. Does anyone have suggestions?
jbrook9

Return to analysis help