Link-Barker and Pradel unequal time interval discrepancy

questions concerning analysis/theory using program MARK

Re: Link-Barker and Pradel unequal time interval discrepancy

Postby gwhite » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Yes, the fix in the derived parameters also applies to the Pradel robust designs.
gwhite

Postby ehileman » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:50 pm

gwhite wrote:Yes, the fix in the derived parameters also applies to the Pradel robust designs.

Excellent. Thanks for the speedy reply, Gary!

Eric
ehileman

Postby gwhite » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:55 pm

Eureka! I finally solved the puzzle. I had to rewrite the code I was using for the Link-Barker data type to get it in the appropriate structure, but finally success.

The trick was to recognize that the code had to be written in terms of lamda, not f directly. Let f’ and phi’ be the parameters not corrected for the length of the time interval (L), and f and phi the parameters corrected for the time interval. So equating 2 expressions for lambda across an interval, f’ + phi’ = (f + phi)^L, with phi’^L = phi. However, there is no easy correction for f’ to f because this is a rate parameter, not a probability parameter. Anyway, given the above relationships, you can solve for f as f’ = (f + phi)^L – phi’. Even understanding the trick, I still couldn’t get the code just right without a lot of torturing, but eventually SUCCESS. New version on my web site where the Pradel data types and the Link-Barker data type give exactly the same results without losses on capture even with time intervals not equal to 1.

Gary
gwhite

Postby murray.efford » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Which is the solution I proposed in openCR?
murray.efford

Previous

Return to analysis help