Yearly abundances - all in one analysis?

questions concerning analysis/theory using program MARK

Yearly abundances - all in one analysis?

Postby martilu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 am

Hi everybody, I hope you can help me. :)

I would like to analyze several seasons of mark-recapture data on butterflies...and I'm searching for a possibility to do this in one analysis. I'm not new to MARK but I have so far analyzed the data partially. For some projects, I used Closed captures (some aquatic animals) and for others the Popan parametrization.

The study location and field methods are always the same, but the animals change every year (adult butterflies that emerge from larvae and die a few weeks later, their season lasts for about a month - no animal lives to the next year). I've already done analyses of pop.size for the first year (modeling capture probability, survival, and birth rate for two groups-sexes), but I have a few (6?) more to do. Is it even possible to do this? I "could" put them in one popan analysis as separate groups (two for each year), but not every season is the same (first of all the number of occasions change slightly, eg. from 10 to 12; time intervals are not exactly the same (2-4 days)) - so I don't think this is really an option. Besides - we are also testing how the survival and recruitment change (depending on weather or other environmental effects). And this would also be impossible in such a design.

So is there another option? Thanks for your help!
martilu

Return to analysis help