Apparent survival question

questions concerning analysis/theory using program MARK

Apparent survival question

Postby breiley » Wed May 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello all,

Im conducting an apparent survival analysis in MARK (live recaptures only) and having a problem. Just for background the data has 7 encounter occasions with one group and no covariates from 119 individuals. Im asking questions about how apparent survivorship changes in two age groups (year 0 vs all subsequent years) before and after a large flood event. When I create basic models with few parameters like phi(flood) p(constant) which has three parameters or phi(constant)p(constant) which has two parameters they run. However, when i start creating models with 4 or more parameters I get an error message ([4]) that crashes MARK. Ive tried using the alternative optimization method, changing link functions, etc. but nothing seems to make a difference. Ive also uninstalled the program and reinstalled per the gentle introduction's advice. Can anyone provide any insights?

Thanks,
Bryan
breiley

Re: Apparent survival question

Postby cooch » Wed May 09, 2018 8:33 pm

breiley wrote:Hello all,

Im conducting an apparent survival analysis in MARK (live recaptures only) and having a problem. Just for background the data has 7 encounter occasions with one group and no covariates from 119 individuals. Im asking questions about how apparent survivorship changes in two age groups (year 0 vs all subsequent years) before and after a large flood event. When I create basic models with few parameters like phi(flood) p(constant) which has three parameters or phi(constant)p(constant) which has two parameters they run. However, when i start creating models with 4 or more parameters I get an error message ([4]) that crashes MARK. Ive tried using the alternative optimization method, changing link functions, etc. but nothing seems to make a difference. Ive also uninstalled the program and reinstalled per the gentle introduction's advice. Can anyone provide any insights?

Thanks,
Bryan

Sounds like the dipper analysis. ;-)

Send me the .inp, .fpt, and .dbf files, offline, and I'll have a look.
cooch

Return to analysis help