Robust Design, Significant TEST2.CT

questions concerning analysis/theory using program MARK

Robust Design, Significant TEST2.CT

Postby thomas.webber » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:11 am

Hello, I am new to Mark-Recapture and MARK, using 18 years of Bottlenose dolphin data to produce an abundance estimate with the Robust Design. With GOF tests from pooled secondary periods, TEST2.CT was significant. Am i correct in thinking this is suggesting identification errors? In the MARK book it suggests to use the umbrella model {Phi(t) Pt*m} but i am unsure how to implement this within MARK. Would this mean using the full likelihood with mis-identification or Full likelihood heterogeneity? Or is {Phi(t) Pt*m} a model that can be implemented within the standard Full likelihood p and c?

Sorry if there are obvious mistakes I am making but this is my first study using mark-recapture methods.

Many Thanks

Thomas
thomas.webber

Re: Robust Design, Significant TEST2.CT

Postby Bryan Hamilton » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm

These tests are kind of difficult to understand but they can tell you a lot about your data.

I'm sure you've read Chapter 5 of the MARK book .... http://www.phidot.org/software/mark/doc ... /chap5.pdf

I found this paper helpful in explaining the GOF tests from RELEASE:

Dennhardt, A. J., A. E. Duerr, D. Brandes, and T. E. Katzner. 2017. Applying citizen-science data and mark–recapture models to estimate numbers of migrant Golden Eagles in an Important Bird Area in eastern North America. The Condor:817-831.
Bryan Hamilton

Return to analysis help