ORD

questions concerning analysis/theory using program MARK

ORD

Postby RBoys » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 am

Hi,

Is there a way to combine the open robust design with some kind of occupancy estimation model to allow for probability of presence to be estimated for each secondary period, as well as providing the mean estimated arrival and departure times?

Thanks
RBoys

Re: ORD

Postby Bryan Hamilton » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Yes. "Robust Design Occupancy" is a model type option in the window when you first start MARK.

I don't think the MARK book covers occupancy much but Chapter 15 is on robust design. There is a pretty comprehensive text on occupancy that does include robust design.

MacKenzie, D. I., J. T. Nichols, K. H. Pollock, L. L. Bailey, and J. E. Hines. 2006. Occupancy Estimation and Modeling. San Francisco: Academic Press. 324 p.
Bryan Hamilton

Postby cooch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Bryan Hamilton wrote:Yes. "Robust Design Occupancy" is a model type option in the window when you first start MARK.

Correct..

I don't think the MARK book covers occupancy much but Chapter 15 is on robust design. There is a pretty comprehensive text on occupancy that does include robust design.

Nothing about occupancy in the book at all, yet -- but a chapter is coming, soon (it is in draft at the moment). The RD Occupancy is simply the multi-season dynamic model.

The canonical ereference for all such things is

MacKenzie, D. I., J. T. Nichols, K. H. Pollock, L. L. Bailey, and J. E. Hines. 2006. Occupancy Estimation and Modeling. San Francisco: Academic Press. 324 p.
cooch

Postby RBoys » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Maybe I have misundersttod then, I thought that the Robust Design Occupancy model, was using the RD, ie. within primary periods is a closed model and between them is open.
What I want to use is the Open Robust Design, where both within and between primary periods are open models. Is this possible with the Robust Design Occupancy?

I have read parts of this book, but again thought that it was only referring to the Robust design.

Thank you for your suggestions!
RBoys

Return to analysis help